Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DIY: Christmas gift tags.


I really like to customize the presents I give, so yesterday I tried to make my own gift tags.
I've been wanting to try stamp carving for a while, so these gift tags were the perfect way to do it. You could find most of your craft supplies wih a Target promotional coupons and save.

I started by drawing some (easy!) Christmas decorative motifs: a tree, a snowflake and a candy cane. I printed and transferred them to the rubber. As I didn't have the required tools I cut them with my regular cutter (I think it made a pretty good job).


I could have used stamp pads but I tried gouache instead. I thought that this heavier texture would match better with the craft paper. I chose white, magenta (with a tiny pigment of white) and paynes gray.


Then I put some washi tape around the corners, made a little hole and attached a strip of white and red baker's twine. Finally I wrote the names with black marker.


I love this imperfect look and characteristic texture of the little drawings.



Images by Muffins in my backpack.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...